Experience the holidays downtown like they used to be.
The huge December Holiday Downtown Artwalk is Wednesday, December 6, from 5 until 9 pm.
Unlike our other monthly artwalks, this includes ALL of downtown and there will be action a-plenty! In order to get you where you need to be, we are providing free shuttles that will run from artspace, 708 Texas Street, to the other stops throughout the night. We are putting together the list of stops, but already have BIG plans. Visit Santa at The Agora Borealis! Make Christmas jammies at Definition Industries Inc.!
The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa will have drink specials and artists, Robinson Film Center and Abby Singer’s Bistro will have drink specials and gift certificates, and there will be stops at Norsworthy Gallery, Bon Temps Coffee Bar, the Lofts at 624, 618 Texas Street, Minicine?and many other downtown locations. It’s all free and family friendly. Come downtown and take home a holiday memory!
What’s Going On At Each Location
- Minicine?– 854 Texas Avenue. An art market that will include: Amy Treme, Nathan Treme, Will Thomas, Hillary Frazier, Mandie Ebarb, Heather Evans, Chris Alexander, Shannon Palmer,Oliver Carstensin and Baylee St. John. Music by: Casanovascotia and Wall Chargers.
- artspace– 708 Texas Street. “artspace PRESENTS” features one-of-a-kind gifts created by 26 Northwest Louisiana artists. The Holidaze BAZAAR downstairs will be filled with art, holiday gifts and specialty items from local artists. Also during artwalk, The Enchanted Garden and owner Deb Beckman Cockrell, along with brother Dennis Beckman–renowned for his gorgeous custom designed “arts masks”–will bring 37 years of the enchantment of The Enchanted Garden and their timeless holiday decorating and stocking stuffer ideas to the Holiday Bazaar.
- Shreve Memorial Library, 424 Texas Street- artists in the Eaves Room, a Festival of Lights, live music in the plaza, and the Friends of the Museum giant book sale in the basement!
- Definition Industries, 411 Lake Street- Christmas Jammie Tees while you wait!
- The Agora Borealis, 421 Lake Street- pictures with Santa, and free gift wrap.
- Norsworthy Gallery, 214 Texas Street- the art of Christine Bailey on the gallery walls and other artists selling wares.
- Lofts at 624, 624 Texas Street- Artists in the lobby.
- Remington Suites- drink specials and artists in the lobby.
- Robinson Film Center/Rhino Coffee, 617 Texas Street-drink specials & Robinson Film Center Gift Certificates for sale!
- The Noble Savage Tavern, 417 Texas Street-Jen Driskill with paintings, prints, and coasters & with music by Joe Nadeau.
- Rhino Coffee, 624 Texas Street-
- Joseph Guin Salon
- Bon Temps Coffee Bar