Starting July 10, Parkmobile, the City of Shreveport and ShrevePark will be hosting Twenty Days of Winning. It’s free to participate and super easy—all you have to do is use your Parkmobile app for a parking session downtown!
What? That’s all? Yep, it’s that simple. Four days a week for five weeks, we will be choosing a random lucky winner from the list of people who used the parking app the day before. (On Tuesday, we will choose one who used the app on Monday and so on.) We will call you and let you know that you have won and how to claim your $25 in FREE PARKING, courtesy of Parkmobile, and we will thank you publicly on our Shreveport DDA Facebook page. (Selfies encouraged!)
The $25 will be loaded into the Wallet feature on the winners’ phones so that they may use it whenever they initiate a Parkmobile parking session downtown.
Remember, all you have to do to be in the running for a $25 Wallet is use your Parkmobile app for a parking session!
That’s it. Nothing to fill out, no phone number to call, no boxes to check, just use the app. GOOD LUCK! We hope to be calling you soon to tell you that you’re a winner!
Questions about downloading or using the app? Visit our Parking App FAQ section here!
PAY BY USING THE PARKMOBILE APP
- Download the Parkmobile app on your smartphone or mobile device.
- Complete the registration process to start using the app.
- Once you’ve registered, enter in Zone# located on stickers and signs on the meters.
- Pay for minutes up to 3 hours. (Hour #3 will include an upcharge of $1).
- Confirm your information, including Location, License Plate #, time, and costs.
- You’ll get a 15-minute warning of time remaining on your meter.
Here is the step-by-step guide of how to sign up: How to Register with Parkmobile
You can also pay by using the Parkmobile TOLL FREE NUMBER; 877-727-5988.
BENEFITS OF THE APP
- Two hours isn’t enough at the meter? You have the choice of a THIRD hour (for a $1 up charge).
- Park Mobile is utilized in cities around the country. Your app is good anywhere Park Mobile is found.
- Add up to five license plates and users to one account.
Answers To Questions We Know That You Will Have!
- You can STILL use the meters and your Park Card. Park Mobile is just another option for you.
- No, the meter will not register green if you are using the Park Mobile app, but the parking patrollers will know that you have paid through their own app!
- Park Mobile (either the app or pay by phone option) must be used at spaces where there is no meter or a meter is inoperative.
- If you use the one-off payment feature, you will be charged a $.35 convenience fee per session. If you use the Park Mobile Wallet, that fee drops to $.15 per session.
- Yes, you can still get a parking ticket, but hopefully the app will help prevent the dreaded expired meter ticket. All the other rules still apply. (Sorry!)
Need more answers? Visit our Parking App page and FAQ here!