April showers bring May flowers (and more showers) and the May Artwalk! Our fun monthly art event takes to the streets in the 200 blocks of Texas, Travis and the Red River District on
Wednesday, May 3 Thursday, May 4 (rescheduled due to 100% chance of rain on Wednesday!) from 5-8 with new stops and even more fun.
CoCreative! will once again put three artists to the test at an ART LIVE event in the Red River District, you can participate in a scavenger hunt put on by the Young Professionals Initiative starting at 5-5:30 at the Remington, join the American Institute of Architects (AIA) of Louisiana in a Sketch the City event at Norsworthy Gallery! At 6:20 pm, Liz will have another History in 5 talk at Norsworthy Gallery. The list of participating artists will be posted soon, so mark this on your calendars now!
Here’s the lineup and the map!
1. Bon Temps Coffee Bar– Red River District
• MAY ART LIVE! ft. Caitlin Rose, Julianne Smoak, Linda Dickson, &Whitney Tates
• Showcasing Artist: Kei Thomas Photography
• Debuting artist: Shelby Heaser
• Live music feat. De’Lontrell G. Thomas, Leigh Rose, Hannah Kent, Randle Milliken, & Tim Powell; Open Jam Session @8:00!
4. Norsworthy Gallery – 214 Texas St
• Contina Pierson of Bayou Glass Arts – Stained Glass Jewelry
• “Eclectic Surrealism” by Larry Taz Sanchez
• AIA Shreveport #SketchtheCity @ 6:20; Liz will have a short History in 5 Talk at 6:20. and then you’ll be free to sketch away.!
*To enter these venues, must be 21 & up with valid ID.