The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) offers up to $250.00 through programming mini-grants to organizations or individuals wishing to put on events that are open to the public that promote development in the Downtown Development District and are held in the Downtown Development District.
The goal of the grant is to encourage events in downtown Shreveport to show off the history and culture of our urban core. It is not available to events that are fundraisers, political gatherings or events which are not open to the general public. Mini-grants are also not available to events that exclude persons based on race, creed or sexual orientation. Events that are free to the general public will be given preference, as will those events that attract a diverse range of participation and promote downtown building sales, business and job creation in Downtown Shreveport. Mini-grant requests must be turned in at least ONE MONTH in advance of the event to be considered for funding.
The DDA has the right to refuse any applicant if it is deemed the event does not fall under the goals of the Programming Grant.
- The event must be held in the Downtown Development District
- Events can be fee-based or free, but free events are given preference
- Existing events adding enhancements can qualify
- First-time events can qualify
- Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Grant applications will be judged on a number of criteria including the amount of matching funding, creativity of event, potential impact of event, marketing of event and how well the event meshes with the DDA Mission Statement- To actively pursue, support, facilitate and welcome initiatives that aid and encourage private development, and promote and coordinate public development within the Downtown Development District of Shreveport, LA
- All necessary insurance and security must be provided by each event.
- Event organizers must work with Shreveport Public Assembly and Recreation’s Festival Task Force and/or police department on road closures and other issues.
- Event must agree to use DDA logo on all materials and to link to the DDA website at www.downtownshreveport.com
- Event organizer must complete a Grant Application and provide contact information
- Event must be listed in the Shreveport-Bossier Fun Guide
- Funds cannot be used for events restricted to private or exclusive participation.
- Organizer must turn in any surveys that they are asked to complete
- Organizer is limited to one Downtown Development Authority mini-grant every 6 months.
Submit Completed Applications to:
Downtown Development Authority
416 Cotton Street
Shreveport, LA 71101