TITLE: ShrevePark Parking Service Patrol Officer- IMMEDIATE OPENING
REPORTS TO: ShrevePark Parking Administrator
HAND DELIVERY: DDA office, 416 Cotton St., Monday-Friday, 8:30 am- 5 pm. We wish to hire immediately.
DOWNLOAD or PRINT PDF APPLICATION HERE
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ShrevePark Parking Service Patrol Officers’ primary duties shall include: parking area patrol, code violation observation and citation, “ambassadorial” presence on the street.
- Patrol Officer activities involve the following tasks:
- Walking or riding a Parking Meter Route.
- Enforcing Parking Meters, and Parking laws in Parking Meter Zones
- Enforcement of overdue parking fines will be performed by the Shreveport Police Department. Vehicles on the “boot list” will be immobilized by the police department upon notification by the DDA.
- Patrol Officers will be required to use good public relations skills, tact and diplomacy with the general public; must remain composed and professional at all times; should have ability to de-escalate tense situations. Officers will perform other duties as required, including direction assistance. Officers and technicians may be cross-trained.
- Patrol Officers may visit with downtown merchants to make sure that everything is going well and to learn what parking matters are of concern.
- Patrol Officers will from time to time be requested to participate in meetings that deal with parking and parking enforcement related issues.
- Patrol Officers shall wear and maintain in good condition the uniform adopted by the DDA for this position.
- Minimum Preferred Qualifications at time of hire:
- Current and valid driver license. Driver’s license is a condition of continued employment.
- Eyes, hand, and foot coordination.
- Spatial and form perception.
- Ability to use a handheld computer.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions.
- Good public relations skills.
- Good conversational English.
- Ability to give directional assistance and instructions.
This is a Full Time Position:
Hours will be Monday-Friday 8 am- 5 pm, with occasional OT required on weekends or holidays.
Starting Salary: $9.50/hr.*
Benefits Offered: Sick/vacation time, selected holidays off, opportunity for health and retirement benefits.
*after 90-day probation. Probationary salary will be $8.50/hr.