Does YOUR GUITAR “measure” up to the standards of a JAMES BURTON COLLECTIBLE Guitar?
Would you part with your COLLECTIBLE GUITAR for 9 weeks? The Exhibition period for display of the GUITAR is May 15 – July 15!
Bring your COLLECTIBLE GUITAR for a jury process at the Central ARTSTATION (801 Crockett St) on SATURDAY, APRIL 22, Noon – 5:00 pm, where your GUITAR TEAM will “PICK” the best guitars for “THE ART OF THE GUITAR” EXHIBITION!
Every GUITAR will be photographed, documented, and Videoed with the owner telling the world WHY THIS GUITAR IS UNIQUE above all others!! What makes a Guitar Unique – Collectible?
• The “CRAFTMANSHIP” of the Guitar – Who designed it? Who made it? Is it a limited edition? It is a “one of a kind” like Huddy “Leadbelly” Ledbetter’s 12-string guitar?
• The “STORY” of the Guitar…what’s the UNIQUE life of the Guitar – is it like the movie, “The Red Violin” – did it survive a War, Crash, Plague, or some other disaster? Did Elvis “borrow” it during a concert? Did your great great great Uncle make it and hand it down through the generations?
• The “CELEBRITY” of the Guitar! – Who played it, where, when? Is it signed by the entire band? Is it unique to the Artist who first owned it…designed just for him/her?
IF YOUR GUITAR IS SELECTED…you’ll agree to:
1. LEND your Guitar for “THE ART OF THE GUITAR” Exhibition at artspace, from May 15 – July 15, 2017. Your Guitar will be exhibited in “COOLSPACE” along with the James Burton Guitar Collection – on the mainspace floor.
2. JOIN James Burton and friends for the OPENING NIGHT of “THE ART OF THE GUITAR,” Friday, June 2 at ARTSPACE.
3. SHARE the “Story of the Strings” – each Wednesday throughout the Exhibition the owners of the COLLECTIBLE GUITARS will share the story that makes the guitar COLLECTIBLE!