416 Cotton Street
Our monthly Downtown Artwalk returns April 4, 5-8 pm, in the area we call the ‘Fun Zone’ of Downtown Shreveport, LA.
Experience art & artists, watch fun new street performers, grab a bite at a food truck or a special at a restaurant, walk through new exhibit openings, learn about some of the history of the area in our History in 5 talk and Sketch the City with AIA architect Mischa Farrell.
We are still working on all the locations, artists and events, but here’s what we have so far:
1. 331 Milam- The Office Hub. This is our coolest downtown work space, bar none. This co-working office features community desks, private offices, conference rooms, a den for lounging that includes a fireplace and wide screen TV, and coffee bar/kitchen. It’s so nice you will want to live there!
Niema Longstratt, RNL AUTHENTICS LLC. – Niema creates bright and sassy cotton dresses and pants sets that will take you day into night.
History in 5 Talk by Liz Swaine @ 6:20 pm
Sketch the City (the iconic SporTran Tent) with the AIA-Shreveport and architect Mischa Farrell at 6:30 pm (free to participate).
2. 719 Edwards-Lee Hardware Apartments. Fabulous downtown apartments in a converted historic warehouse. Come see the Lee Hardware Gallery with:
Trevor Van Eaton
Maggie Mae Vedis
Street dance performances by Andronicus ‘tha Clown Dancer’ Scott, and tables for sitting and dining.
3. 408 Cotton Street- Antique Adoption. Our favorite downtown ‘picker’ will be open with antiques and some treasures. An artist (TBA) will be stationed here.
4. 416 Cotton Street– DDA office. Come visit our completely rehabbed historic space.
pet finery by Francesca Ruffins
In addition- Wallace Humphrey will be in front of the DDA building painting and explaining the Bob Ross quick painting technique. Ross, host of The Joy of Painting on PBS for many years, went on to become an Internet celebrity. Humphrey’s works will be for sale.
• The Hot Dawg Hut will be on the lot adjacent to the DDA office and John Paul-Young and his Shreveport Orchard Squad will be set up in the KCS Garden across the street
5. 719 Marshall Street- Ridgeway Square. See downtown’s newest condos and take a tour!
6. 421 Lake Street- The Agora Borealis art marketplace will feature items from their stable of amazing artists plus painter Mike Torma.
7-A. 411 Lake Street, Suite A- Definition Industries, Inc. Photographer Josh Brittian will be here. See how Definition Industries can take your art and transfer it to shirts and other clothing!
7-B. 411 Lake Street, Suite B- Digital Logic. The Red River Gallery features artist Bruce Campbell.
8. 417 Lake Street- iArchitecture is the location of the Sweetport Ice Cream truck!
9. 315 Lake Street- Rydaz Bar, Eatery and Events. Rydaz is whipping up some great food and beverage specials for the evening. ARTISTS:
Taryn Boytem Dennis
10. 1200 Marshal Street- Red River Brewing Co. featuring artist Kegan Kidd. This is also the GRAND REOPENING of the Fat Calf Boucherie! Pop by afterward to take a look at their new menu and enjoy “BLT” sliders: smoked pork belly, roma tomatoes, baby greens, and black pepper aioli, two for $8!
MORE COMING, CHECK BACK OFTEN.