801 Crockett St
Deadline to Apply – March 26 Midnight
Artists of all genre are invited to participate in CREATE IN THE COMMONS!
Animate Shreveport Commons with your artistry by creating work inspired by the history that you SEE, the present SEE or the future that you want to SEE for Shreveport Commons IN Shreveport Commons on April 7, 2018. LIVE painting, poetry writing, music composition, dance composition will be created by what you SEE in the COMMON. In this “plein aire”- like experience, Artists will be inspired and we hope be inspiring to visitors, patrons of the Texas Ave Maker’s Fair, residents! Additionally, SRAC will create an easel/paint area for families and children to paint LIVE during the festival!
Selected artists will have the opportunity to bring a small team of artists (3) to populate the site with Art Sales, Painting/Creating/
• Artists must be current Juried Roster Artist with SRAC.
• Work submitted must be new work, created at the CREATE IN THE COMMONS on April 7, 2108 between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Work must be completed by 5/4/18
• Artists must have work to sale.
• Artist may have a team of two additional people, one of whom must be an emerging artist who will also create. A third person may facilitate art sales.
• Performance work must be 10 minutes or shorter
• Literary work must be submitted in a format that can be displayed on a wall.
• Visual work must be smaller than 6’ x 6’ x 6’; larger works may be accepted at SRAC’s discretion
Important Dates and Logistics:
• CREATE IN THE COMMONS day at TAMF – Saturday, April 7, 2018, 10:00am – 4:00pm
• SRAC/SPAR/TAMF will provide each artist with one table and two chairs. Artists are welcome to bring a tent, but are responsible for set up and removal
• Submit the work to Central ARTSTATION on Friday, May 4, 2018 between 8:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• Opening Night and Presentation of Prizes will be held at the June ARTWALK at CENTRAL ARTSTATION – Wednesday, June 6, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
• Exhibition Dates: Wednesday, June 6 – Monday, July 9