708 Texas St
Shreveport, LA 71101
We’re going to put you in the Christmas spirit with a fun night of art, shopping, music and food. Jump on the free Twinkle Trolley at artspace, Norsworthy Gallery, Agora Borealis, the Shreve Memorial Library and Red River Brewing Co. and be whisked to the other fun locations that include-
- The Agora Borealis (421 Lake St.) and other shops on Lake Street. Shop the art marketplace at Agora, view exhibits there, in iArchitecture and Lake Street Gallery, take a picture with Santa Claus and enjoy delicious flavored hot chocolate, hot chocolate floats and ice cream from Shreveport’s very own Sweetport.
- Red River Brewing Company/ Fat Calf Boucherie, 1200 Marshall, will feature the art of Star Williams, locally-brewed beer and a special Fat Calf menu.
- Head next to Norsworthy Gallery- the works of Christine Bailey and Gwen Norsworthy will be hanging and artists Aidan McFarland, Maggie Molisee, Erica Branch, Francheska Hamilton, Celia Bordelon Carr, Robert E Trudeau, and James Ward will be joining in the fun.
- Shop at the HUGE Friends of Shreve Memorial Library BOOK SALE (the prices are ridiculous!) Take a canvas bag or two. We will have a place that you can leave your literary loot on the trolley so you will not have to lug it around!
- Peruse artistic and unusual antiques and oddities at Gina Marie’s Antiques, Oddities, & Curiosities, and see works of local photographer/digital artist Josh Brittian,
- Enjoy Happy Hour specials at Robinson Film Center.
- The ground floor of the Lofts at 624 will be filled with: Uriah Joseph Oxford, Betty Black, Kimberly Gable, Canaan Conque, Lisa Cook Marshall, Ben Humphrey, Paul Russo,Kegan Kidd, Deborah Fausto, Bre Judge, Andrea Brown.
- Marlene Yu Museum, 708 Travis, will be open with the fabulous giant abstracts of international artist, Marlene Yu.
- artspace, 708 Texas, is in a HOLIDAZE with a kit-n-kaboodle of talented artists, including: Bre Banks
Megan Davis Taylor Art
Mary Caroline Colgin Spano
Lauri Barre Wallace
Susan Duke Art
Donna Strebeck – Sewist
Emily Steed Pullin
Sherry Tamburo – Fiber Artist
Jnanne ZepedaGiftspace is also be filled to the brim with metal clay, gemstone and custom designed jewelry; silk scarves; original paintings; sculptural and wearable textile and fiber art; and handmade blanket ladders, hooks, and frames. Anna Gleason will be providing live music.
Artwalk is FREE to attend and appropriate for all ages. The trolley is also free. After 5 p.m., all onstreet parking is also free (sensing a trend here)?