1200 Marshall St
Shreveport, LA 71101
LGA presents Gritonian Shrimp and Grits Citywide Cookoff 2018. It will be at Red River Brewery on Saturday, September 22, 2018. It will be at 11am. The public will vote on who has the best Shrimp and Grits recipe in the area! Does your shrimp and grits recipe have what it takes to win? Only one way to find out! Sign up! Registration and application for culinary artists/chefs are available.
This event is open to the public. However, in order to vote and choose your favorite culinary artist’s dish you must purchase a voting package that includes voting tokens.
There will be live entertainment on local stage.
The public will be able to purchase Red River Brewery!
Guests will be able to sign up to tour the Brewery at designated times.
Hot Dogs will be catered by Fat Cafe Boucherie
Fat Calf Boucherie is the in house restaurant. When you finish voting then get you a meal at Fat Calf Boucherie!
1. Teams must consist of two people age 16 and above. Contestants under age 18 must be accompanied by adult supervision.
2. Team must stay the entire time or you will forfeit your chance to win.
3. A $75.00 fee for each team is required prior to the Contest.
4. Contestants must cook at least 3 gallons of their Shrimp and Grits in 4 oz. sample cups; Cutlery must be provided by the contestants.
5. Proof of Serve Safe or pay $25 serve safe liability fee.
6. The food must be cooked that morning.
7. Food must be brought insulated container such as hot boxes. Electrical outlets will be provided. Hot Boxes can be stored underneath or behind your table. (This will count against you if brought food in trash can bags, etc.)