424 Texas Street Shreveport
Love books? History? Authors? The Library? How about a chance to have it ALL in one place??!
We’re excited to announce this year’s Author Fair at Shreve Memorial Library! The theme for this year’s fair is Local History, and the event will be held on Saturday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to noon at our Main Branch in downtown Shreveport. Mark your calendars!
Come and join us as we welcome area authors with many different perspectives on local history.
The following authors will be at this year’s fair:
• John Agan, author of ‘Remembering Minden: Echoes of Our Past’ and ‘Arcadia Press Images of America Series: Webster Parish’
• Billy Andrews, author of ‘Outstanding Weather Phenomena in the Ark-La-Tex: An Incomplete History of Significant Weather Events’
• Katie Bickham, author of ‘The Belle Mar’
• Guy W. Carwile, author of ‘The Modernist Architecture of Samuel G. and William B. Wiener Shreveport, Louisiana, 1920-1960’
• Martha Holoubek Fitzgerald, author of ‘The Courtship of Two Doctors: A 1930s Love Story of Letters, Hope & Healing’ and co-author of ‘A Louisiana River Journal’
• Jeffrey Girard, author of ‘Caddo Connections: Cultural Interactions Within and Beyond the Caddo World’
• Kristi Cavett Jones, author of ‘Plantations Along the Upper Red River of Louisiana’
• Kevin Jones, author of ‘Arcadia Press Images of America Series: Bossier City’
• John Andrew Prime, Co-author of ‘Arcadia Press Images of America: Barksdale Air Force Base’; contributor to ‘Shreveport Sounds in Black and White and Legendary Locals of Shreveport’ with Gary D. Joiner Ph.D.
• Jackson Cavett Sibley, author of ‘Plantations Along the Upper Red River of Louisiana’
• Twin Blends Photography LLC
• Dr. Cheryl White, author of ‘Historic Haunts of Shreveport’; ‘Wicked Shreveport’; and ‘Historic Oakland Cemetery’
For more information, please call our Main Branch at 318-226-5897.