Artwalk celebrates fall and the Red River Revel with a great artwalk on the east side of downtown! You’ll be artwalking through The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa, Shreve Memorial Library, Norsworthy Gallery, Bon Temps Coffee Bar, Fully Stacked, Spring Street Museum and he Wieland Co. Our fun History in 5 talk and your chance to Sketch the City with Mischa Farrell of the AIA Shreveport will be happening at 6:20 pm in the Eaves Room of the Shreve Memorial Library, 424 Texas St. SPECIAL LAGNIAPPE! Your artwalk map get you free entry to the Red River Revel the night of the artwalk! Artwalk is free and fun for all ages. On street parking is free after 5 pm and spaces are also available in the free casino parking garages.
List of locations and artists:
1. SHREVE MEMORIAL LIBRARY- 424 Texas St., Eaves Room (room just to the right when you come in the door).
• At 6:20 pm, Liz Swaine will give her History in 5 about spaces, places, events and people notable in downtown history.
• At 6:30 p.m., you’ll be able to Sketch the City with architect Mischa Farrell.
2. The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa– 220 Travis St.
3. Bon Temps Coffee Bar in the Red River District.
• ARTISTS include Victoria Pouncy, Connie Stephens, & Carly E Maxey.
4. Fully Stacked , Red River District.
5. Wieland Co., 528 Commerce St.
6. Norsworthy Gallery, 214 Texas St.
7. Spring Street Museum at 525 Spring Street.
• SSM artist is Tobby Smith.
There is no admission to the artwalk, it is family friendly and appropriate for all ages!
PARKING – All on-street meter spaces are free after 5 pm. Both casino parking garages are also free and open to the public!
Are you an artist interested in participating in upcoming Downtown Artwalks? Download an artist application here: MS Word or PDF. Fill it out and email it to us at email@example.com!
Don’t forget to include some great photos of your work!
Want to know what zones are where?
Take a look at the full Downtown Artwalk Zone Map!