Calling all 2nd-6th grade Homeschooler’s! You’re invited to a fun and free science education program sponsored by GSK.
What is it?
The 2019 Homeschool GSK Science in the Summer™ Day Camp is a fun and free science education program sponsored by GSK, in partnership with The Franklin Institute and hosted by Sci-Port Discovery Center.
Theme: The Science of Me
So, what makes you, you? The Science of Me day camp invites 2nd – 6th grade homeschooler’s to explore both the biological systems that make humans fundamentally alike and the elements that interact to create a unique individual. Through engaging, hands-on exploration, students discover how food becomes our body’s fuel, where oxygen goes when we breathe it, how our brains interpret the world, and what role DNA plays in making us who we are.
The day camp will be repeated on four different dates. Students can only sign up for one date.
• Wednesday, August 7, 2019 ; 9 am – 1:30 pm
• Thursday, August 8, 2019 ; 9 am – 1:30 pm
• Wednesday, August 14, 2019 ; 9 am – 1:30 pm
• Thursday, August 15, 2019 ; 9 am – 1:30 pm
Day Camp Information:
• Cost: FREE
• Limited spaces available per camp
• Camps are from 9 am – 1:30 pm ( must be picked up by 2 pm)
• Students must be entering 2nd – 6th grade this fall to qualify
• Includes materials, supplies, and lunch
• This is a student only camp. Parents will need to drop off their students and pick them up at the end of camp
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org; (903) 926-3517