The September Artwalk will have you walking through the northern part of downtown to events at Artspace Shreveport, Lofts at 624, Marlene Yu Museum, At Home Academy Test Prep and Tutoring, Sweet Tee Shreveport, Robinson Film Center and other locations in the 500-700 blocks of Texas and the 700 block of Travis. Art and artists, street performers, art demonstrations, tours of historic buildings, food and drink specials history talks and your chance to Sketch the City with AIA/LAF Architect Mischa Farrell. It’s FREE and appropriate for all ages!
1. artspace shreveport – 710 Texas St
• Exhibits by Critical Mass 6 winners Josh Chambers (visual arts) & Katie Bickham (literary arts) and an exhibit of area collectors and their collectible art.
• Take home a free “Arts 365 Calendar“ produced by Shreveport Regional Arts Council & The Forum Magazine
• Larry “Taz” Sanchez
• Kevin Langley
• James Ward
• Karen Pearce
• Susan Fortenberry
• Rod Talbot
• Sherry Tamburo
• Robert Streeter
• M.C. Rollo
• Bre Banks
• Star Williams
• Tracy McComic
• Janet Maines
• Lauri Wallace
• Paige Powell
3. Marlene Yu Museum – 710 Travis
• Opening Reception for Marjorie Grigonis: 50 Years of Creation
4. Lofts at 624 – 624 Texas St
First Floor ARTISTS:
• Bre Judge
• Melissa Gibson
• Robert Trudeau
• Josh Brittian
• Karmen Reed
• Brianna Belton Design LLC– Happy Hour flowers!
Mezzanine @ Lofts:
• At Home Academy Test Prep and Tutoring: poetry readings starting at 5:30 p.m. by Ashley Mace Havird, ML Dumars (6:40), and Dorie LaRue (7:15)! Sweet Tee & Art by Lauren (Ross)
• Aidan McFarland
• Kegan Kidd
• Paul Russo
• Lisa Cook Marshall
• Rusty Carter
5. Robinson Film Center – 617 Texas St
• Happy Hour prices until close! Choice of ½ price appetizers and specialty drinks
6. 611 Texas St – Take a look inside this available history building!
• Andrea Brown
• Tony Reans
• Tobby Smith
• Hannah Roark- caricatures while you wait and wood creations
• History in 5 talk by Liz Swaine @ 6:20 p.m.
• Sketch the City w/ architect Mischa Farrell @ 6:30 p.m.
Street Performance: Andronicus Clown tha Dancer Scott
7. SUSLA Museum of Art – 610 Texas St
• Expressions in Watercolor, a reception for artist Connie Stephens-Eaton