Downtown Shreveport will be the place to celebrate Independence Day. Multiple events will be happening at locations around the city center and you’re invited to participate in as many as you can fit into your schedule.
Let’s take a look at our options for fun-
- Trendy Remington Suite Hotel and Spa at 220 Travis offers Jazz in July on the Rooftop on July 4. The LA Jazz Legacy Band will pay tribute to the day with music from the “birth of jazz” up to present. Enjoy outdoor Jenga, cozy seating and indoor bathrooms (ALWAYS a plus)! All ages appropriate, adult beverages available, $5 for adults, children are free. Doors open at 6 pm, LA Jazz Legacy begins at 6:15 pm and ends 9:15 pm. The event ends when the fireworks are over.
- It’s time for Red, White and BREW at the Red River Brewing Co. at 1200 Marshall St. Escape the traffic and the heat at the brewery, which is open to all ages. Both Red River and Fat Calf Boucherie offer military discount and Red River will be giving $1 off first drinks for anyone wearing red, white, and blue. Popsicles for the kids and $10 All-American burgers for you to enjoy! It’s gonna be a great night with a good view, come out!
- The Red River District is going all out with the RRD Fourth of July Bash from 4-9 pm. This is a family event that features tacos by Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant, juicy burgers by Fully Stacked and many more treats from local vendors. There will be live music on the outdoor stage by the Hollow Decks and DJ Gordo. Free and open to all.
- While in the Red River District, walk over to Louisiana Specialty Gifts for their Independence Day Sale and Ice Cream Treat Giveaway. The shop will be open from noon until 6 pm with hot dogs, chips, drinks, JUMBO pretzels, ice cream treats and candy all for ONLY $1 or $2 each as well as other in store specials. To celebrate the day, they will be GIVING AWAY a FREE ice cream treat with any $10 or more in-store purchase.
- Rydaz Bar at 315 Lake Street is a great location to view the fireworks. While there, have fun at their duo vino Wednesday that will feature live music, dancing, food and drinks. Admission is free, 21 and up, please.
- The giant 10th Annual Independence Day Festival on the Shreveport Riverfront will light up the night sky, but before it does that, there will be a FULL DAY of fun! Start with a run and roll into a steak cook-off, vendors, live music, military fly-bys and finally, pyrotechnics! To get the full schedule and figure out where to be and when, go here.