The day that we wait for all year is just around the corner. Saturday, November 30- Small Business Saturday– is going to be a BIG day downtown and you’re invited to join us for the food, fun, fireworks, and most importantly, shopping! Check out Our Facebook Event Page!
We’ll start with breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Join us as we kick off Small Business Saturday with our special Small Business Saturday Breakfast @ Retro Downtown Café, 420 Marshall St. Enjoy free coffee and juice, compliments of the Downtown Development Authority from 9:30-11:00 am. After breakfast, it’s time to shop! Our downtown businesses-small and local, all- will be offering all sorts of sweet deals and shopping experiences. Come and see how we can make shopping fun again!
Here’s where to find your deals & steals:
SHOP ‘TIL YOU DROP!
- The Agora Borealis, 421 Lake St., 10 am- 6 pm. Artist booths. Anyone who purchases items on SBS will be entered into twice-hourly drawings taking place all day.
- Artspace, 708 Texas St., 11 am- 8 pm. Artist booths, giftspace. For every $10 spent, be entered into drawing for a gift card. The more you buy, the more chances you get!
- On Time Fashion– 621 Texas St., 9 am- 6 pm. Sales throughout store. 50%-75% off suits, shoes, sport jackets, dressy or fashion. Selection of hats- 50% off. Come and check new arrivals, huge selection of suits, dress slacks, Versace shirts & sweaters. In-house alterations!
- ShreveTowne Studio 512, 512 Crockett St. (10 am- 4 pm)- 10% off in the Gift Shoppe; some deeper discounts. Queen Bee Hippie BOGO half-off specials, Bee Hippie has $5 Hand Balms, Hummer and Son Honey is giving away a four pack of honey straws with any purchase. Delena Ciatsko Designs has an entire wall of $10 jewelry. Watch SBS FB page to know about giveaways to next person in the door!
- Louisiana Specialty Gifts– Suite 800 Red River District/ 25%off all non-consignment merchandise. And FREE reusable tote with $10 or more purchase.
- Sanctuary Arts School @ Red River Brewing Co., 1200 Marshall St. – will have items up to 50% off. All the proceeds of the second’s sale are going to benefit our non-profit Sanctuary Arts School. We will also be selling other items through our for-profit Sanctuary Glass Studio, some deals include 2 stemless wine glasses for $50 instead of $60, and gift cards : Spend $50 get $65, Spend 100 get $125, Spend 200 get 250. For every $20 spent on Small business Saturday they will get a raffle ticket to win two create your own ornament workshops. I’m going to have the Small business saturday sale run from 11-4 and create your own ornaments from 5-9. We will also be running the gift card special on black friday and offer create your own workshops from 1-9 on that day as well. 25% off all pumpkins and gourds.
- Appli-K’s– Suite 900 Red River District, 10 am- 3 pm. Autumn/Fall apparel & accessories 50% off! Book Pillows 20% off. Distressed Pumpkin shirts for $10!
GIFT CARD DEALS!
- Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant, Red River District. 11 am- 10 pm. Happy Hour all day. 20% off popular Nicky’s gift cards.
- Robinson Film Center, 617 Texas St., 10 am- 9 pm. Spend $20 on a gift card, get another $5 for free! Buy a gift membership, get 2 free movie passes for yourself! Purchase either of these deals on SBS and get 10% at Abby Singer’s Bistro! (to be redeemed that evening).
- Sanctuary Glass @ Red River Brewing Co., 1200 Marshall St., 11 am- 4 pm -Spend $50 on a gift card, get $65, Spend 100 get $125, Spend $200 get $250! For every $20 spent on Small business Saturday, be entered into a raffle to win one of two Create Your Own Ornament Workshops.
EATS & DRINKS
- Remington Suite Hotel & Spa, 220 Travis St. $2 Louisiana Beers. Tag a picture of any Remington craft cocktail and receive 20% off! Small Business Saturday photo wall will be available for selfies!
- Parish Taceaux SBS BRUNCH, 708 Texas St. (11am- 2pm) Bottomless bloody Marys and Mimosas for $12! Tortilla French Toast, with mixberry compote, and Calvados Creme – $8. – Parish Shrimp and Grits, smoked gouda grits topped with Blackened shrimp, Tomatillo BBQ, and crispy chicarrones – $10
- Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant, Red River District. 11 am- 10 pm. Happy Hour all day.
Fun and Games
- Caddo Common, 11 am- 6 pm. The Art Market will be open with: Charity Durr, C.A.D. Art Commissions, -Ben Whalen, Ben’s Body Basics, Taffie Garsee & the Tiny’s Shop and More Food Truck. Don’t forget to shop the super cute Rainbow City Merchandise (tees, pins and more) Shop!
- Sanctuary Glass @ Red River Brewing Co. 1200 Marshall St., 11 am- 4 pm. It’s their first second’s sale, up to 50% off. All the proceeds of the second’s sale are going to benefit our non-profit Sanctuary Arts School. Other deals include 2 stemless wine glasses for $50 instead of $60, and gift cards: Spend $50 get $65, Spend 100 get $125, Spend $200 get $250! For every $20 spent on Small business Saturday, be entered into a raffle to win one of two Create Your Own Ornament Workshops. You will be able to Create Your Own Ornaments from 5- 9 pm.
Le Marche de Noel Christmas Market, 601 Clyde Fant Pkwy, noon- 9 pm
Sno-Port at Sci-Port Discovery Center 9 am- 8 pm
Rockets over the Red, Riverview Park 4-7 pm. Fireworks and Shreveport Tree Lighting at 7 pm.