It’s time for our HOLIDAY artwalk! Jump on the free Holly Jolly Trolley at any stop and visit multiple fun locations for art exhibits, great shopping, live music and poetry, food and beverages and a giant book sale! What a night it will be! Remember, the December Artwalk runs from 5-9 pm.
1. Artspace Shreveport– 708 Texas St. While there, enjoy a bite from Parish Taceaux!
Artspace’ Art Market will include: Maggie Molisee aka Magotpie, Rod Talbot, Dawn Ash, Deborah Fausto, Paparazzi Jewelry, Sherry Tamburo, BJ Harrison. The Hot Dawg Hut will be set up outside!
2. Marlene Yu Museum & Rainforest Art Foundation– 710 Travis. Walk through the Waterfalls Exhibit and enjoy the art market featuring:
Susan Duke Posey, Rat des Champs, Brandie Ferguson Photography, Sprig&Vine, Ida Bee Man, JoDel Adkins and more.
3. Lofts at 624– 624 Texas St. Artists will include: E.D. Stewart, Isabelle De Joya Vea, Sherry Sebren Pryor, Aidan McFarland, Syreeta Johnson, Betsy Levels, and others! Music by Joan Nerrettig.
4. Southern University Museum of Art-Shreveport-610 Texas. Experience an Art Exhibit featuring Mitzi Edwards of Natchitoches, La. An activist and a women’s advocate, Mitzi uses her artistry to evoke her deepest thoughts. Street dancing outside by Andronicus ClownthaDancer Scott
5. Shreve Memorial Library– 424 Texas. Stock up on books at the Shreve Memorial Library Friends Christmas Book Sale during artwalk and then head to the Eaves Room to hear spoken word poetry and readings by: Robert E Trudeau, Ashley Mace Havird and Kershauna Johnson.
6. 515 Marshall St. Gallery- @Artists Ginger Simmons Garfield and Kevin Langley
7. Norsworthy Gallery– 214 Texas St. Hoover Watercolor Society, Inc. Hoover Watercolor Society Exhibit. Artists: Christine White Bailey, Joshua Brittian. Others TBA.
8. The Agora Borealis, 421 Lake St. Dean Dablow artist reception, music by Milk of Amnesia. Art Market with: Whitney Tates, Star Williams, Caitlin Lindsay Rose, Marci Gatlin Hicks, Adam King, Donna Strebeck, Leland Strebeck, Tracy McComic, Hillary Frazier
9. V & B Resale– 1010 Marshall St. Jewelry, purses, wraps.
10. Shreve Towne Studio 512– 512 Crockett Street. Permanent vendors, Queen Bee Hippie products, Delena Ciastko jewelry, and an art marketplace with Thomas Harmeyer, Paul Russo, Julia Raring.
11. Rainbow City in Caddo Common Park. Walk the inflatables to the art and vendor market to see: Anita’s All Naturals (doggie cookies), Angelworks and Broadmoor Soap Co.
DON’T FORGET FOOD SPECIALS AT:
Abby Singer’s Bistro
The artwalk is free and all-ages friendly, but there are watering holes along the way should you wish to partake in an adult beverage! The artwalk runs from 5-8 pm and you can start at any of the locations and go from there. A map showing venues and artists will be posted online and available at each stop.
Are you an artist interested in participating in future artwalks? Download and fill out our application in PDF or Word, including a few good quality photos of your artwork and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office at 416 Cotton Street and drop it off! Make sure to also join our Facebook planning group: click here to join (please answer the questionnaire when joining)!