Hosted by YWCA Northwest Louisiana
As our community becomes more interconnected, you may increasingly encounter problems when communicating with people from other cultures. In this workshop, facilitated by Rachel Scott, LCSW, and Belinda Roberson, PHD, you will:
• learn communication skills for a multicultural environment,
• discover the importance of body language,
• find out why some cultures might withhold important information,
• realize how stereotyping can lead to ineffective communication,
• learn how awareness is a “two-way street”: all cultures need to adapt, and
• learn how to bridge differences and create a balanced approach.
Limited seating available.