421 Lake St
Susan will be teaching painting at the Agora Borealis on Tuesdays and Saturdays starting Tuesday, February 11. (SEE LIST OF ITEMS YOU WILL NEED BELOW)
Participants can choose EITHER:
Tuesdays 3-5 pm
Saturday’s 10:30 am – 12:30
Cost per month is $135, payable in advance or at the first class.
If you plan to pay at the first class, please post here and let Susan know that you will be coming!
Payments can be made through Paypal or —
The Agora Borealis email
LIST OF THINGS STUDENTS WILL NEED TO BRING:
1. Paper towels
2. Non absorptive paper plates (Or other palette surface for mixing paints)
3. Jar with Lid. Fill 2″ deep with dish washing soap
4. Clothes you don’t mind getting paint on — and/or apron or smock
5. Notebook and pen
7. Canvasses – you choose your own size, at least 11 x 14.
Choose either Oils or Acrylics If you already have paints, bring them! If you don’t have paints, the easiest and least expensive way to get started is to get a set of basic colors. Later you can add others that appeal to you.
o Good OIL sets are:
o Windsor Newton Winton Oil Color 12 pieces
o Artists Loft Oil Paint Starter Set 6 pieces
o Gambin 1980 Oil Colors 9 pieces
o Good ACRYLIC Sets are:
o Grumbacher Academy Acrylics Color 10 piece
o Golden A-Z Acrylic 14 piece Set
A paint Medium is necessary for oils or acrylics
• Susan’s favorite for Oils: Windsor Newton Liquin Original.
• Acrylics: Liquitex Professional
Palette –Susan uses disposable paper tablets