DSDC is committed to assisting in the revitalization of downtown Shreveport. One of the ways we can help is through our low-interest loan program. This financial incentive is designed to provide rehabilitation funds to property owners and small businesses interested in renovating downtown’s older buildings.
download application (PDF, 1MB)
Targeted uses are:
- Facade Restoration
- Residential Development
- Roof Repair/Replacement
- Sidewalk Improvements
- Sign Repair/Replacement/Creation
- Special Equipment
Targeted businesses include:
- Grocery store or market
- Gas station
- Retail stores
- Antique stores
- Art galleries
- Office renovations in historic buildings
- Single/multifamily residential development
Note: Because of the historic instability of the restaurant industry, loans to restaurants and bars will be considered only for exterior building treatments.
Information you should know:
- Loan packages are provided by the DSDC at 416 Cotton Street, Shreveport, LA 71101
- Maximum loan amount: $100,000
- Rate: Fixed 2.79%
- Maximum term: 10 years – Loans to tenants leasing in downtown shall not extend beyond the initial lease term.
- Loans are available for use only on properties within the Downtown Development District
- Funds are loaned on a first approved, first funded basis.
- Collateral: Loans will be secured by collateral owned by the applicant. Collateral may include the building (if the owner is the borrower), personal property or other assets.
- The State of Louisiana and the City of Shreveport sponsor a five-year tax abatement on the value of improvements to historic structures in the Downtown Development District. This incentive may be extended to an additional five years.
- The State of Louisiana and the National Park Service offers a tax credit for properties in the Downtown Development District.
- Because most of downtown Shreveport falls within a certified historic district, other tax incentives are available.
- DSDC Loan terms, conditions, and requirements are subject to change without notice.