DSDC is committed to assisting in the revitalization of downtown Shreveport. One of the ways we can help is through our low-interest loan program. This financial incentive is designed to provide rehabilitation funds to property owners and small businesses interested in renovating downtown’s older buildings.
Targeted uses are:
- Facade Restoration
- Residential Development
- Roof Repair/Replacement
- Sidewalk Improvements
- Sign Repair/Replacement/Creation
- Special Equipment
Targeted businesses include:
- Grocery store or market
- Gas station
- Retail stores
- Antique stores
- Art galleries
- Office renovations in historic buildings
- Single/multifamily residential development
Note: Because of the historic instability of the restaurant industry, loans to restaurants and bars will be considered only for exterior building treatments.
Information you should know:
- Loan packages are provided by the DSDC at 416 Cotton Street, Shreveport, LA 71101
- Maximum loan amount: $100,000
- Rate: Fixed 3.5%
- Maximum term: 10 years – Loans to tenants leasing in downtown shall not extend beyond the initial lease term.
- Loans are available for use only on properties within the Downtown Development District
- Funds are loaned on a first approved, first funded basis.
- Collateral: Loans will be secured by collateral owned by the applicant. Collateral may include the building (if the owner is the borrower), personal property or other assets.
- The State of Louisiana and the City of Shreveport sponsor a five-year tax abatement on the value of improvements to historic structures in the Downtown Development District. This incentive may be extended to an additional five years.
- The State of Louisiana and the National Park Service offers a tax credit for properties in the Downtown Development District.
- Because most of downtown Shreveport falls within a certified historic district, other tax incentives are available.
- DSDC Loan terms, conditions, and requirements are subject to change without notice.