The Red River Entertainment District opened in 2002 as a 12,000 square foot development. The buildings, designed to look historic and refurbished to 19th century architecture, house restaurants, businesses and live entertainment venues.
The Red River Entertainment District is in the heart of Shreveport’s riverfront and is a destination for residents and tourists alike. With easy access to amenities such as the Shreveport Aquarium, Sci-Port, our two downtown resort casinos, Eldorado and Sam’s Town, and several restaurants, lounges, retail shops, and entertainment venues, the Red River District is the perfect spot for friends to meet up, or for the family to enjoy time together. The Texas Street Bridge’s span across the district provides a shady area perfect for catching an afternoon breeze or listening to live music. The area is also pet friendly, allowing your furry friends to enjoy the day with you as well.
Here are the locally-owned and operated businesses that make up this wonderful downtown hotspot!
- Appli-Ks offers gifts unique and special, as well as custom embroidery for just about anything you can put a thread to!
- Artipsy provides various forms of entertainment, from live music, comedy shows, painting, drawing classes and special events.
- Bon Temps Coffeehouse is the place to pop in and grab a hot (or iced, if you prefer) cup of joe, Italian sodas, fruit sparklers, and other treats, as well as enjoy live music and the relaxed creative atmosphere, whether inside or on their comfy patio.
- Cohab, downtown Shreveport’s trendy co-working space, is open to new entrepreneurs and also provides free workshops and events for people of all business backgrounds.
- Fatty Arbuckle’s is a late night pub, specializing in craft cocktails with over 200 different whiskeys and a large selection of other spirits!
- Fully Stacked is a bar and grill with patio dining, serving gourmet burgers, pizza, wings and everything in-between, open daily 11am to late night.
- Louisiana Specialty Gifts offers state-themed gifts, flare and flavor.
- Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, offering Tex-Mex favorites with live music, a full bar complete with frozen margaritas, and a super chill patio.
- Proud Mary 360° Grill serves up delectable, authentic Louisiana & Creole fare. Dine comfortably indoors or al fresco on their gorgeous patio.
The Red River District stays active with family-friendly programming. Follow them on Facebook to see the various weekly events.
The Louisiana Purchase Plaza, commemorating the 200th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, is located here. Ten columns that support the Texas Street bridge were decorated as part of the project.
The work focuses on the distinct cultures that helped to define Northwest Louisiana—African American, Indian, French, Spanish and Cajun; the three contributing artists for the columns came from Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport.
Book the Red River District
The Red River District is owned by the City of Shreveport and managed by Shreveport Public Assembly & Recreation (SPAR) Event Services. Contact them at 318-673-5100.
Currently, the Red River District is at 100% capacity. The property manager for the Red River District is Lea Hall Properties. Contact them for more information on spaces and rates. They can be reached at 318-221-1231.