POSITION AVAILABLE: ShrevePark Parking Service Patrol Officer
REPORTS TO: ShrevePark Parking Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The ShrevePark Parking Service Patrol Officers’ primary duties shall include: parking area patrol, code violation observation and citation, “ambassadorial” presence on the street.
2. Patrol Officer activities involve the following tasks:
• Walking or riding a Parking Meter Route.
• Enforcing Parking Meters, and Parking laws in Parking Meter Zones.
• Patrol Officers will be required to use good public relations skills, tact and diplomacy with the general public. Officers will perform other duties as required, including direction assistance. Officers and technicians may be cross-trained.
• Patrol Officers will visit with downtown merchants to make sure that everything is going well and to learn what parking matters are of concern.
• Patrol Officers will from time to time be requested to participate in meetings that deal with parking and parking enforcement related issues.
• Patrol Officers shall wear and maintain in good condition the uniform adopted by the DDA for this position.
3. Enforcement of overdue parking fines will be performed by the Shrevepark Parking Patrol. Vehicles on the “boot list” will be immobilized upon administrative verification that all booting criteria has been met.
4. Minimum Preferred Qualifications at time of hire:
• Current and valid driver license. [Driver’s license is a condition of continued employment.]
• Eyes, hand, and foot coordination.
• Spatial and form perception.
• Ability to use a handheld computer.
• Ability and willingness to follow instructions.
• Good public relations skills.
• Good conversational English.
• Ability to give directional assistance and instructions.
Position is part-time. Minimum 24 hrs. per week, 10 am- 2 pm on Monday – Wednesday; 8 am-2 pm on Thursday – Friday.
Additional hours available to cover for vacations & sick days.
Download and fill out the job application and return it to us. You can email a PDF scan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail it or physically drop it off at:
ShrevePark Parking Services
ATTN: LORENZO LEE
416 Cotton Street
We are open M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm. (Closed on City Holidays)