The Street Performer Ordinance allows street performers to entertain pedestrians in specified locations in the Downtown Development District for non-solicited tips. Passing the hat or asking for money is not allowed. The performer will be allowed to have a box or musical case open to show that donations will be accepted, but those funds cannot be solicited.
- A Performance Permit will be required. The Permit is $30 and will be renewed and reviewed annually. Each member of the group will have his/her own permit.
- Performances may take place between 10am-10pm daily.
- The Performer will have an assigned performance area.
- Performances will be acoustic only (no speakers or boom-boxes).
- Performers cannot block sidewalks or pedestrian passage.
- Mind your noise level. Performances should be thoughtful to those office workers and businesses nearby. Allowable noise levels are established by Article II, Division I of Chapter 58 of the City of Shreveport Code of Ordinances.
Performance Permits are issued for the Downtown Development District by the Downtown Development Authority. Further information is available at 318-222-7403.
Street Performance PERMIT
(Download document, complete application and submit it to the DDA.)