Downtown (and the rest of the city) will be ready for some football this weekend as the famous Bayou Classic rolls into town. Almost as exciting as the game itself are the myriad of Classic-inspired music venues, parties and fests that will pump up the excitement and the volume. Play hard, win easy and party afterward in our #CoolDowntown.
- No matter where you look downtown, you’ll find big game activity this weekend. Choose between multiple locations featuring live music, food, and drinks to laugh out loud comedy and even a painting party. Look through the list of events and enjoy what appeals to you. When: through Sunday, April 18. Where: Throughout downtown. Cost: Various.
- Interested in a little business with your football? The Shreveport-Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce’s Classic Business Expo is a three-day gathering of seminars, panel discussions and all things business. Load up on business cards and make your way to the Shreveport Convention Center to make some deals. When: April 15-17. Where: Shreveport Convention Center, 400 Caddo St. Cost: Free.
- If football isn’t your sport of choice, how about cornhole instead? The Missing Link wants you to go mano a mano, (or mano a womano) Saturday at Cornhole and Corndogs. Show off your skills, wolf down some ‘dogs and enjoy the sounds of Logan and the Legendaries. Sign up as an individual or as part of team. When: Saturday, April 17. Doors open at 11 am, competition starts at 1 pm. Where: The Missing Link, 504 Texas St. Cost: $25/$50.
- From competition in football and cornhole to the best head of hair! Sunday, three local barber schools are sending their most talented to wield scissors and shears in four different categories in a Student Barbering Battle. Who is the fastest, the most proficient, the most creative? Decide after watching and see if the judges agree with you. The public is invited to watch. When: Sun., April 18, 11am- 3 pm. Where: Setting the Standard Barbering Academy, 711 Texas St. Cost: Free. Info: 318-673-4100.
- After Covid restrictions and a raft of construction work & improvements, Lake Street Bar reopens with a Blues and BBQ Day Party and the Bayou Classic Comedy Show. Drop by earlier in the day for great food and music and come back later for laughs with Trey Mack, Munchie and others. When: Sunday, April 18, 2-4 pm. Comedy starts at 7 pm. Where: Lake Street Bar, 315 Lake St. Cost: Free admission to Day Party, $20 to comedy show.