Louisiana Prize Fest 2021 celebrates ten years this weekend with fashion and fine music and fun that you won’t want to miss. The Lot brings on Farm Fest outdoor yoga and tunes by Haley Brooke, Minicine? welcomes a contrabassist who will channel Ben Patterson, and put on your finest frock, it’s time for dinner + Downton Abbey, where scandal and intrigue will be your tablemates. Join us as we take it to the streets in our #CoolDowntown.
- The Louisiana Prize Fest has grown so much it now takes two solid weekends to get through food, film, fashion, music, and comedy. The tenth year of Fest kicks off with the eye-popping Fashion Prize, a gala catwalk event that features the couture of six designers, national judges, and the Fashion Prize live audience. One designer will win the title and a $2500 prize. When: Fri., Sept. 24, 8-10 pm. Where: Sci-Port, 820 Clyde Fant Parkway. Cost: $30 (All attendees must show proof of Covid vaccination or negative Covid test taken within prior 72 hours.) UPDATE INFO: Fashion Prize Tickets are SOLD OUT.
- Two nights, ten bands, one $10,000 winner! The Louisiana Music Prize happens Friday and Saturday nights with five performances each night. Enjoy a mix of local and far-flung musicians, and genres ranging from hard rock to pop. Be there when another great band is ‘discovered’ in downtown Shreveport! When: Fri. & Sat., Sept. 24 & 25, 6-11 pm. Where: Music Prize Garage, 211 Market St. Cost: $30/$150. Info: prizefest.com
- Yoga Farm Fest outside at The Lot gets even better with the addition of the beautiful sounds of musician Haley Brooke. Walk from work and stretch the stress of the week away with yoga instructed by Dominick Cole. Stay for music and a meal. When: Fri., Sept. 24, 5- 8 pm. Where: The Lot, 400 Crockett St. Cost: Free. Info: Fb/ The lot downtown shv
- If you’ve never heard an Avant Garde contrabassist playing scores using audience participation and props, Saturday is a night not to be missed at Minicine? as Damon Smith Plays Ben Patterson. Listen to the music in the outdoor courtyard and take in the exhibit next door by Isabella Anais Sisk-Gonzales and Dennis Gonzalez, an artistic grandfather/granddaughter team. Masks are required for both events. When: Sat., Sept. 25. Exhibit opens at 7 pm, music starts at 8 pm. Where: Minicine?, 846 Texas Ave. Cost: $5 donation. Info: FB/minicine?
- The Crawley family and all their scandal, intrigue, and high-borne travails return for one night of Downton Abbey at Robinson Film Center. Visit Yorkshire for an evening and enjoy the drama unleashed by a visit by the King and Queen. The evening includes dinner and a movie (and a manservant, of course). When: Tues., Sept. 28, 6 pm. Where: Robinson Film Center, 617 Texas St. Cost: $22/$29. info: robinsonfilmcenter.org