Get plenty of rest between now and Saturday, you’re going to need it! Small Business Saturday in downtown Shreveport is going to combine the shopping deals, fun activities, food specials, live music, fireworks, and holiday Bakowski Bridge Glo into an experience so memorable and enjoyable that you will be asking for more! Remember, more is always what you’ll get in our #CoolDowntown.
- Have you experienced the vendors of The Grove? Holiday happiness at Refine Design? Antiques on sale at C&C Mercantile? To that, add artist marketplaces, live music, glass blowing demonstrations, fortune telling, spirited yuletide drinks and food specials and you have Small Business Saturday in Downtown Shreveport. If ever you needed help getting into the holiday frame of mind, this will do it! When: Sat., Nov. 26, 9 am- 9 pm. Where: all over downtown. Cost: Just what you buy. Info: downtownshreveport.com/small-business-saturday
- Wander the gingerbread halls of artspace and chance upon relics from the Red River, and more wonderful art as part of On Small Business Saturday, elves there will help you build your own Gingerbread House. The great thing is they’re not only pretty to look at but tasty, too! When: Sat., Nov. 26, 10 am- 5 pm. Where: artspace, 708 Texas St. Cost: Free admission, $25 for gingerbread house. Info: FB/artspace shreveport
- It’s dinner with a view at the Rockets over the Red VIP Dinner Saturday night at the Riverview overlook at the Shreveport Aquarium. Have the best seat in the house for the fireworks and holiday bridge lighting while enjoying a delicious multi-course meal and beverages. Seating is limited, call soon. When: Sat., Nov. 26, beginning at 5 pm. Where: 601 Clyde Fant Parkway. Cost: $80 per person. Info:com
- Rockets over the Red, meet the Bakowski Bridge of Lights! For the first time, the Texas Street Bridge will do its colorful dance right along with the fireworks to welcome the holiday season in a most magical way. The fun on the riverfront begins with live music by The Good News, photos with Santa and a 5:30 pm tree lighting. Fireworks/light show starts at 7 pm. When: Sat., Nov. 26, 4-8 pm. Where: downtown riverfront. Cost: Free admission. Info: FB/rocket over the red 2022
- Sci-Port requests the pleasure of your company at their new and improved Goodman Dome IMAX, an improvement years in the making! The IMAX 4K laser projection and heart-pounding audio delivers an experience that is very close to being there. Experience Amazing Caves and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in a way that will spoil you for other theaters. When: beginning Nov. 25, various times. Where: 820 Clyde Fant Parkway. Cost: $14/$16. Info: sciport.org/imax/