Over the next several months, SporTran plans to add a series of eleven bus stop shelters at various locations downtown.
The shelters will be along the route of the current Downtown Circulator, a route that runs between the Intermodal facility on Murphy Street to the Transfer Station in Bossier City.
The design choice for the stops will be similar to this, according to SporTran officials, but with some color changes. All will be metal structures with backings of tempered glass. There will be no advertising signage allowed at the downtown shelters.
Locations for the shelters currently include:
- On the 700 block of Common Street adjacent to the old B’nai Zion Temple and another on the east side of Common adjacent to the Fairmont Apartments building.
- On the 500 block of Common Street across from the First United Methodist Church.
- In front of the Lofts at 624, 624 Texas Street.
- At 601 Texas Street, in front of the former Crystal Stairs restaurant.
- On the 400 block of Texas Street, in front of the Shreve Memorial Library.
- At 401 Texas Street, in front of the City of Shreveport Department of Community Development Office.
- On the 200 block of Texas Street, in front of the former Dee’s Photo building.
- At 205 Texas Street in front of the Style Bar.
- On the 400 block of Caddo Street, in front of the Shreveport Convention Center and across Caddo Street, adjacent to Edwards Street.
Got concerns about maintenance of the shelters, placement and location or other questions for SporTran? Join us Thursday, October 7 at 6 pm at a Downtown Meeting at Central ARTstation, 801 Crockett Street. SporTran will also be sharing information about future transit improvements and new transit services at the meeting.