The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) offers $250 programming mini-grants to organizations or individuals wishing to put on events that are open to the public that promote the Downtown Development District and are held in the Downtown Development District.
The goal of the grant is to encourage festivals and events in downtown Shreveport. It is not intended to be used for fundraisers. Preference will be given to those public events that attract a diverse range of participation and promote the attributes of Downtown Shreveport.
The DDA has the right to refuse any applicant if it is deemed the event does not fall under the goals of the Programming Grant.
- The event must be held in the Downtown Development District
- Events can be fee-based or free
- Existing events adding enhancements can qualify
- First-time events can qualify
- Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Grant applications will be judged on a number of criteria including the amount of matching funding, creativity of event, potential impact of event and marketing of event.
- All necessary insurance and security must be provided by each event.
- Event organizers must work with Shreveport Public Assembly and Recreation’s Festival Task Force and/or police department on road closures and other issues.
- Event must agree to use DDA logo on all materials and to link to the DDA website (if applicable).
- Event organizer must complete a Grant Application and provide contact information
- Event must be listed in the Shreveport-Bossier Fun Guide
- Funds cannot be used for events restricted to private or exclusive participation.
- Organizer must turn in any surveys that they are asked to complete
- Organizer is limited to one Downtown Development Authority mini-grant every 6 months.
Submit Grant Applications to:
Downtown Development Authority
416 Cotton Street
Shreveport , LA 71101