Lederhosen, glass pumpkins, two full nights of live music, Southern kitchen witchery and a much-needed date night top the list of 5 Things to Do Downtown. Pack up your VW for a drive-through concert, practice your yodel and experience the many things our #CoolDowntown has to offer.
- Eight musical acts, a giant LED screen, food, beverages and car karaoke; still just a taste of what awaits this weekend at the New Normal Live Drive-In Concerts. Each night is a different who’s who of musicians performing live in front of the drive-in crowd! To make certain of a space, purchase tickets in advance. When: Fri. & Sat., Sept 18-19, music starts at 7 pm. Where: Milam St. and Texas Ave. Cost: $30 per vehicle per night, $50 for front row location.
- It’s always good to have a little witchery at our disposal and we have just the way to get it this weekend. Join us at the Southern Kitchen Witchery Pop-Up at Shreve Towne Studio 512. Peruse and purchase from their stock of special teas, herbs, bath & body products and metaphysical tools (and who couldn’t use one of those right now)? Stay for Tarot and Oracle Readings and Reiki sessions. Where: Shreve Towne Studio 512, 512 Crockett St. When: 10 am- 4 pm. Cost: Various.
- It’s pumpkin season and Sanctuary Glass Studio is going to help you Make Your Own Art Glass Pumpkin or Spooky Ghost. You get to participate in the glass making process, choose a color and style and then watch the item take shape in front of your very eyes. Leave with a great story and a special glass memento to remind you of the fun memory for years to come. When: Fridays and Saturdays, multiple timeslots. Where: Red River Brewpub, 1200 Marshall St. Cost: $60. Info: FB/sanctuary glass studio
- Artipsy knows that you’ve been staying at home a lot over the past few months and it’s time for a night out. Date Night allows you and your special someone to paint ‘My King and My Queen,’ enjoy being around people (but not too close), great music and refreshing adult beverages. Better still, you’ll leave with two canvases and art that you had a hand in creating. When: Sat., Sept. 19, 6 pm. Where: Red River District, 450 Clyde Fant Parkway. Cost: $50 per couple, 21 and older, please.
- Raise your stein and warm up your yodel, it’s time for Red River Brewpub Oktoberfest! What could be better than 12 German biers on tap, food, fun competitions and live tunes by Jimmy Wooten? Nothing, we tell you, nothing. If you only pull out the lederhosen one time in 2020, make it for this event. When: Saturday, Sept. 19, 11 am- 10 pm. Where: 1200 Marshall St. Cost: Various.
See you downtown!