Come to 605 Texas Street, our new crossroads of south Louisiana and north, dance and sing to Tank and the Bangas, peruse what local entrepreneurs are creating, consider the path of resiliency and party like you’re one year old! C’mon, baby and see what our #CoolDowntown has to offer.
- We believe good food can be made even better with great attitude and a fabulous accent and we’re putting that to the test downtown. ShaBaby’s Cajun Cooking has opened, welcoming people with hearty south Louisiana menu items and an outgoing owner whose conversation will have you dreaming of Ville Platte, cher. Go by and welcome Mindy and Mike; leave full and happy. When: Wed.- Sundays, 11 am- 10 pm. Where: 605 Texas St. Cost: Plate lunch, $10, various. Info: Shababy’s Cajun Cooking.
- One final chance for a great outdoor concert as the Summer Send Off Series at the Stoner Skate Park ends with bands Tank and the Bangas and Sweet Crude. Pile into the vehicle and get ready for a night of tailgating to quality sounds in a socially distanced, safe way. Where: Stoner Ave. at Clyde Fant Parkway. When: Fri., Sept. 25, 7 pm- 10 pm. Cost: $50 and up. Info Right Here.
- Visit with local entrepreneurs and makers at the Black Wall Street Pop Up Makers Faire at MSKICK. Celebrate Black businesses and creatives and food, fill out your Census form and register to vote; it’s a one-stop shop! Vendor booths, food and beverages available. Where: 1210 Milam Street. When: Fri., Sept. 25, 5- 8 pm. Cost: Free. Info Here.
- Hurricanes, floods and tornadoes seem to be constant company in North Louisiana; what we need to be doing to be more resilient in our re-build and response? It’s the topic of discussion by Louisiana Tech professor Pasquale De Paola at a free talk open to the public. Come, listen, and consider how what we do now will affect us in the future. When: Sat., Sept. 26, 6 pm. Where: Red River District stage, 500 Clyde Fant Parkway. Cost: Free, meals will be available for purchase. No information at all right here.
- Shreve Towne Studio 512 is throwing a We’re One Year Old Party! Come for cake and locally roasted coffee, enjoy the reception for the ‘We Got This’ exhibit and support local honeybees with a range of products from Queen Bee and Bee Hippie. Come, hang out and enjoy. When: Wed., Sept. 30, 10 am- 6 pm. Where: 512 Crockett St. Cost: Free. Info here.