Enjoy a variety of food trucks (list is coming) as well as live music and magic by Doc Garner’s Sidewalk Sideshow! Ponder original local railroading artifacts, and look through beautiful photographs taken by Warren Caileff, purchase your very own Railroad Museum tee-shirts, and enjoy tours of the museums and the beautiful HO model Railroad set that winds through ‘downtown Shreveport.’
Talk to Don Kimmel about Operation Lifesaver and the KCS Historical Society and enjoy a variety of free presentations about trains and train history. Talks will be held in the Ozone Room and are free to attend!
- 12:30 pm: Mike & Mark Mangham – Twin Blends, Photography, LLC – What they do & how they do it, plus a drone demonstration outside.
- 1:15 pm: Bishop Taylor-Louisiana Rail Productions Are you interested in taking videos of trains? Bishop will tell you how! (See his work, here.)
- 1:45 pm: Warren Caileff – Photographer – Want to take great railroad photographs? Warren will give you some pointers and tell you how he got some of his remarkable photos.
- 2:15 pm: Dillon Stokes – Union Pacific Engineer – A Day in the Life of a Locomotive Engineer, plus, what it takes to become one!
- 2:45 pm: Larry Davis – Railroad Historian & Collector – Collecting Railroadiana
- 3:15 pm: Don Kimmel – Operation Lifesaver- Learn how Operation Lifesaver works with railroads to save lives.
Train Day at the Museum is Sunday, May 15, noon-4 pm, 142 North Common Street. Admission is free, and all ages are welcome. Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome, too!