Feel the love at the free, all ages, first Wednesday Downtown Artwalk!
Downtown’s monthly artwalk returns, and we’re going to be celebrating Black History Month, Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day–all wrapped into one fun evening!
Artwalk runs from 5-8 pm, Wednesday, February 7. It is free to attend and we welcome supervised children; our fun is all ages friendly.
On street parking and several lots are FREE starting at 5 pm. (See the map below.)
Artwalk Locations include:
708 Texas – ARTSPACE
- On the Wall, featuring the work of Lisandra T Di Liberto Brown, Eric Francis and Wil Brown
- The Inter City Row Modern Dance Company will also be performing a special dance created especially for artspace’ On the Wall exhibit; Performance times: 5:30, 6:00, 7:00 and 7:30 pm.
708 Texas – PARISH TACEAUX
- Enjoy their new Parish Hurricane drink and Mardi Gras Taceaux specials. The Parish Hurricane is the Shreveport version of the New Orleans Hurricane! The festive Mardi Gras Taceaux features blackened shrimp with golden cauliflower, purple Cabbage, and green onion, topped with a Cajun Cream Sauce. YUM!
624 Texas – THE LOFTS AT 624
Both the Lobby of the Lofts & the beautiful Mezzanine will be PACKED with artists and businesses opening especially for the Artwalk.
- Kimberly Gable – wood
- Paige Powell- graphic arts and purses
- Mollie Mae Molisee-Vedis- multi media art
- Melissa June- string art and a new stock of ‘Mardi Dogs, Mardi Cats’
- Faith Green- abstract paintings
- Rusty Carter- painting
- Robert Trudeau- graphic creations, paintings, How to Mardi Gras books.
Join us for the opening of AT HOME ACADEMY! Photographer Neil Johnson will be their featured artist. Sign up for a drawing for a pair of Julie Glass earrings, savory/sweet samples from Southern Faire catering.
Other Artists on the Mezzanine:
- Tracy McComic, Wired & Sassy Jewelry- Louisiana-themed
- Ashley Beck-Paintings
- Jennifer Psalmonds- Abstract paintings
- Lauren Ross- celebrity-themed paintings
- Kevin Reynolds- BPCC student- his first exhibit! Wood paintings.
- Becky Homminga – potteryBecky Homminga – pottery
- Kim Rogers – prints
- Ross Lynn Foundation & One Great River feat. painting by Jim Huckabay
Other Businesses Open on the Mezzanine for ARTWALK:
- Red River Acupuncture
- Kathryn Gaienne Photography
- Sweet Tee- local themed tees
RHINO AT THE LOFTS
- ARTWALK SPECIALS: Extended Happy Hour until 9 pm, 50% off beer, wine and liquor. 50% off ALL pastry items. Breakfast for Dinner- $7 (breakfast item + drink).
710 Travis – MARLENE YU MUSEUM
- Featuring three exhibits: “Natural Stone Arches,” “Spirit of Nature,” and “Marlene Yu: 80 Plus & Going Strong”
- History in 5 Talk with Liz Swaine at 6:20 pm
- Sketch the City with architect Mischa Farrell at 6:30 pm
610 Texas – SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY MUSEUM OF ART (SUMAS)
- OPENING of Black History Month exhibit -Master Louisiana Folk Artist and Southern University graduate, Wendell R. Wilson
601 Texas – CRYSTAL STAIRS RESTAURANT
- Kristi Jones- Louisiana-themed paintings
- Judy Doucet- acrylics
- Betty Black- works by African-American artists such as 5 Cent Jones
617 Texas – ROBINSON FILM CENTER
- ARTWALK SPECIAL: Happy Hour extended until 8 pm! Don’t forget their burger of the month, the Mardi Gras Burger, topped with Andouille sausage, spring mix, onion and tomato, and smothered in a crawfish corn cream sauce!
711 Texas – JOSEPH GUIN SALON
- Amazing abstract works of Vanicka Terhune. Vanicka’s gallery and workspace is on the second floor of the salon
Street musicians at various locations, they definitely appreciate donations!